Slice Project Update

 

This would be around the third time I worked with Jessica on this project and unfortunately, I procrastinated a little too hard and didn't have enough time to slice the project and get it printed out considering the number of re-works I did for this.

Below is one method of us trying to figure out how to project the pattern onto the surface, This one was inspired by a plugin which would use a single point of reference and then extrude outward to the pattern past the surface you wanted the pattern on. 

The other way which was more straightforward was trying to flowsrf and even trying to move individual points. 



Here I was planning the interior gears. 

If I could have sliced it in time I was planning on using acrylic since when looking in the thinktank of acrylic that had been cut.  The gap from removing material wasn't so large compared to that of word or some other materials.

Here are the 3d modelled parts of my project that I would've sliced



Honestly, I made this a lot harder for myself but if we had a bit more time considering how they shortened the semester's week make a bunch of my courses and profs try to condense projects into this sem. To finish this project I probably should have done my original idea below but I really could not find the motivation to do it. 


And the mess.




Comments

Popular Posts