New Perspectives, Stressing Out for the Week and Month Ahead, Finally Starting the Rhino File. (+my horrible grammar)

 
Good morning (or afternoon), I once again am going loopy from anything and everything at once. Nothing new. The good news is that I've started on a portion of the thingy tool and realized how stupid I was with some portions, bad news is that there are still a lot of measurements to go and a stressful busy month ahead. In this blog post, you will read about my exploits along this arduous journey fueled by procrastination and (I forgot the word for it but we'll go with this one) determination. 

side thought: (and oh jeez I still have to recreate that pattern file, my apologies Bryan but I'll try to work on it in a bit)

    Though it doesn't seem like much I'd like to say this was a lot. How I kinda think when I'm doing this is that I need to understand a thing in all its perspectives kinda and develop a simulation in my mind of it then I act. Kinda like in order to defeat an enemy you have to understand them, how they act, how they move but not like a psychopath or stalker way more like an understanding and learning way with a better analogy than the one I just made. With a mechanical object like this, there is simplicity in terms of design being things like how when one draws they look for checkpoints where things align. For example, in this, the axis points are aligned vertically on a handle and the bevel that connects the 3 sides show points of intersection and show the starting point for the hanging portion of the middle side. Furthermore, is understanding the relationship of these measurements allows me to place them in this thought simulation and refer to it for almost instinctive guidance. Or I could just be stupid or something. 





    Here is the 'finished' handle put together. Though it's still missing one thing I notice later on being the engraved words 'stainless' on it, great! Another thing is that I need to play around more with the material settings as the material currently is the closest thing I could get to the original. But proceeding. 



Side note: Uh, the organization of this blog post might be a little messy as my screenshots might've been out of order so my apologies in advance. 

More Development of Previous Notes

Here is what we will dive into this blog post. Here are some previous ideas and such later on having more in-depth analysis of ideas or whatever. 

Let's start off with this portion. 


Here I'm doing more studying by now placing the two major pieces and understanding their relationship between the handle and the plier claws. 

    Now we get into some more simple trig to find the measurements of the bevel as well as a brief synopsis on the arches previously mentioned in the last post being honestly a pain in the ass. Previously in class, I heard the idea of using a scanner which I was thinking of using previously but was hesitant as I wanted to test myself a little as it sounded a little more fun (also I'm lazy). Then I realized since they are made of a portion of the arch of a circumference we are given three points meaning I could've just used the 3 point markers for the circle tool, cool. 

(this saved a crap ton of time as I would've thought about how to figure out a third measurement to do the trig formula from the earlier post. This would also mean I would have to re-learn trig which is a little uh.)

    The basic trig I did was (A^2+B^2=C^2) however I was also doing some ratio with that being something like A/C=a/c finding for the 'a' as I could just use the tools like a tangent or near to figure out the missing side. Then doing a curve polyline to represent the bevel. There were 3 distinct measurements as I just use 1 measurement for 2 of the points on the rectangular piece. I also used this simple math to figure out the handle when bent's bevel that connected the 3 sides. 



Examples of the bevels and figuring out the placement of insert holes of the axis as I forgot to measure those. 



    Here are the circles relative to their arches. I almost did a physical measurement by creating the circles in real life but thank God I didn't as this would've become stupid and tedious (more so than I've already made it)


Differences in the handles made this a bit difficult and a bit intimating to work on which led to the whole debacle of figuring out the exact measurements of the arches. Thought for the basic shape I just mirrored it as they are identically similar except for their arches


Folding the shape according to the object. 

    This was a little bit difficult as we are no longer thinking of an object as 1 dimensional similar to paper. Kinda similar to the paper project from last year but more extreme in terms of manipulation of the overall product when folding the mass of the material but by maintaining therefore there will be different measurements compared to that of a flattened blueprint version. As the object is stainless steel it has the function of being durable with a dense structure. The average thickness sometimes varied depending on the placement of the digital calliper however I found an average between them all being something around 0.93mm.





Doing the Axis Thing I Really Don’t Know What to Call It. 

This one was the easiest part of the handle as it's just a simple loft. Once I got confirmation that I didn't have to be so accurate with the interior of the axis just use a smaller diameter than the bulb on top I did this quite easily. 



dippin' my toes into measuring the gadgets... 

(spoiler I haven't started them. But I'm planning to figure out the connected relationship between them. Hopefully, it isn't just the hole.) 

this just tells me I have a bit more work to do if anything as from memory I think 4 of the gadgets are similar so there are like two pairs with some differentials. 

Starting the Plier Claw


    Now with the final topic the Plier Claw thingy. I had to change some measurements and did some more analysis of its form to find its relationship with the circle as its main function revolves around the axel mechanism in the middle. I haven't applied the spiky portions yet as I need to think a little bit more about how to apply them accurately/true to the original. I also had to do some adjusting as whether I'm tired or not I did not apply the proper shape as I missed crucial measurements (though all measurements are crucial as I'm using large decimal numbers) for the most accuracy. I'm using them more so that there is less chance of error kinda like how in physics or in math you don't round your work until you have the final final answer and not just the answers that lead to other answers. 


Here is just the basic blueprint again in case you forgot what it looked like. 


Also here's the pattern I have to recreate. Since I am unable to finish it I will include a tidbit into this blog about what I think I'm going to do as I will probably just think about the idea of it and not really plan for a while. 


The plan is to ask Bryan for help (sorry Bryan), either that or within the next time span of now to Thursday this week I will figure it out myself. Maybe the second one as I'm really bad with asking for stuff. It shouldnt be that difficult as rhino usually puts some tutorials on the side. Plus they're a lot of subreddits from rhino thought they talk in some crazy lingo that will take some google search definitions to decipher. I'm saying this now as the only problem will be the flowers as organic shapes and rhinoceros are a pain in the ass, and so is mimicking the colouring I did the fly when I posted this on a blog. Luckily I have reference photos I used and I can just place this in rhino with a picture command or whatever it was called. 

Then there's also making an appointment but I that should be fine right? probably should do that now or tomorrow. 
K bye. 






Comments

Popular Posts