Replicate/Remediate (Updated)


This final milestone project was an interesting process I would say. Below I had my different ideas and process I will briefly go over

To make this more supported I decided to add a deconstructed melted wax element at the bottom to help support the structure
A problem I later thought would hinder the later process was that the funnels were not at an equal height so when pouring through a mould, it would only be able to go through one. So I printed an extra limb to provide enough height for the other model so that I had limited the waste of material. 
While printing I saw this worrying strand on my 3d model but luckily it was some type of debris that flown from somewhere




When making the mould the full 3d print didn't fully fit and the extra limb would float in the mould so I tried securing it with clay and a weight on top

Another thing is that a portion of the mould broke which I naturally thought would mean I would have to redo this but luckily it helped in later de-moulding attempted 

My first de-moulding attempt with the slip had the vase split in two but the shape was okay and would require some editing 



another thing that happened was leakage since while trying to split the mould apart we chiselled a bit too much from the side leaving a hole. But once that was done with it worked pretty well

One thing that kinda helped was leaving the slip in the mould for more min that usual though the only thing is that the sediments would build at the bottoml. Since that didnt matter I did it. 

Dried (Non fired) Finals












 

Comments

Popular Posts