Short Update

 

Here is a revised design of the pot. After talking with the tutor I did some revisions on some stuff with the only problem now being the material thickness. As if I add a bracket that holds all of this together it will have to be based on the thickness too. But design-wise the diverted portions allow the water to flow with the only problem now being the connection between the slices as there is space in between. 

My organization strategy is basically placing the slices into groups of 7 so I do not have to waste that much material/use more time on cutting. The 3 on the side are extra for the bottom portion. Material wise I am looking at acrylic though wood would be optimal aesthetically, the warping afterwards since water is a factor might mess this project up. But it all depends on the treatment afterwards if I decide to do so. 

Since the main focus of this object is to allow water to diffuse through the pot but retain its form, Having multiple would help emphasize when I have the final. 

Comments

Popular Posts