I learnt some things, not that much

Let me write this with so many grammatical errors because this is not about the organization but me typing so much before I forget my thoughts. During this first class, I could follow along and I did some other things like trying to make a box while getting an intro. I know little to none of Grasshopper other than that it is like lego. Each of those boxes has requirements for it to connect to another to create an algorithm but is more conceptual depending on some stuff. 



Okay so now lemme talk about following those tutorial videos or something. One thing that blew my mind was that you didn't have to make the curves in Grasshopper first which is like super stupid of me to think in the first place. From there on I was like okay I'm omnipotent or something and I'm getting ideas now on what to do since with grasshopper, I wanted to make some sacred geometry that you would see in Islamic architecture (which I will talk about later because I have a lot of knowledge but no filter).

 





Now, what the hell is Islamic geometric patterns in architecture? Its geometry is embedded within Islamic architecture due to beliefs of it has an intelligible aspect. There are three types of calligraphy, arabesques, and geometric patterns but I want to focus more on the arabesques and geometric patterns a bit. Or I could be lying but that's on you on believing me. Why I want to learn it because I want more concepts and references to download into my database of a mind to go crazy and stupid with, respectfully of course. 




Exploring/Trial & Error

I tried following this one dude's tutorial but I seem to be missing a plugin being bounding rectangle so this is all I have at the moment. It's supposed to be kagome pillars and from there I was going to see how I can go further to make it like the Islamic geometric shapes. 




The pattern was supposed to conform to this funnel-esque shape but I needed the command to basically create a roof that the tube would connect to so that the pattern had something to project on. 





Comments

Popular Posts