Maybe I have bad luck or Im just clumsy

 This week project is designing a chess set that I can design quickly but it also looks cool and is also not that conventional but is also something I want to do. I said also a lot. But anyway, I did some thinking over the week not and came up with these two ideas I could probably do within the time span of one night to make it easy for me considering how I'm kinda behind in some areas. 

To add fuel to the fire or like the opposite (I don't know another analogy) I broke the screen of my Ipad so here are some physical notes. I had some other notes but forgot to backup my apps so I lost all my files (again) so here are some very brief sketches I will go into depth.

The main goal I was thinking of was manipulating one thing with the first set so I could just focus on other aspects. 


When doing this first design of a deer heard I was thinking of making it so I would manipulate one aspect of it as it progresses. Though with the chess set the level of importance of the pieces is questionable when it comes to the middle three. But in terms of simplicity and hierarchy, I think it flows nicely. One question you are probably having is how am I going to possibly do the horns as supports can only do so much. I was thinking I could do the boring way and just make the horns more verticle stretched but I was also thinking of printing them separately and creating an interlocking system so you could just click them together onto the skull. But we will see. 



here is a very quick sketch of what I was talking about in terms of the horn works.

The 2nd idea I had was doing a bunch of swords kind of like an Excalibur sword in the stone hilt kinda vibe with the same kind of process mentioned earlier where they are printed separately. I was also thinking of spicing it up by doing some other variants of swords and such and maybe even some polearms like a halberd or something. Kinda hinting back to the ideas and concepts of the pattern I had earlier and what it was based on



Here is a bonus of my broken Ipad




Comments

Popular Posts