Reverse Engineering stuff vs. watching over my sister's sick puppy.

 Hi again, I was kinda busy for the past few weeks. In the last class, I was up for like 36+ hours and now I'm taking care of a sick puppy named Theo. Why am I saying this? these factors have affected my capabilities of objects as I also am house sitting the sick puppy. So I did a little brief moment of thought and was like what do I have that I can grab that would fit the requirements and remembered this old box (probably older than me) that my grandpa gave to me with these tools and such. The knife is missing as I lost it while playing with it when I was younger but the rest are still there (not that I could use the knife for this project anyway)

I broke down the objects into the things I could see or physically take apart and did some rough sketches on what their parts are to better understand the shape and form of each.  

My first object out of the three I forgot the name of right now but I use it a lot for things. It has a bunch of tools on it and some other things but overall is a versatile tool kinda like a swiss army knife. 


It's simple I think if I recreated it as a lot of the measurements are the same except for the ends of the different tools that pop out. 

This next one is a bit boring as it's just a flashlight. It has some complexity to the inner design with some springs and screws and such but other than that it doesn't have that much going on,




This one I think would be the most complex out of the 3 as it has different parts and some design things going on. It also has some magnifying portions so mimicking the concave/convex plastic portions could be a challenge.

Here is the box they came in and the missing knife.



Overall I'm leaning more towards the compass for the challenge though it might be unwise as whenever I take a challenge I'm faced with a battle of the mind and body but we will see :). 

Here's a bit of extra stuff, aka the puppy. 

Comments

Popular Posts